KWT Winter CSA Month 6 May



This is it. The end, but a happy end. This week's CSA distribution is super spring. Radishes, pea greens, leeks, some kind of garlic flavored onion I've never tried that is neither ramp nor garlic scape though it contains qualities of both.Its also almost the beginning of my Flatbush Farm Share CSA. Happiness is a bundle of vegetables.


Oh and a funny thing happened this week. Garden of Eve sends out a pre-distribution email about what to expect in the month's CSA. I love these emails, it helps me shop for items if I know I have something specific in mind and generally build menus. The email is about 75% accurate, which seems normal to me. This week the email was totally whack. The email said 1 dozen eggs, so I went out and bought eggs at the farmer's marketing thinking I would need them. I now  have 4.5 dozen eggs in my refrigerator. Oh man. I need to throw a brunch party or something.


Kensington Windsor Terrace Winter CSA Month 6 - May


2 lbs potatoes
1 bunch radishes
1 daikon (I know, 2 are pictured, that's an accident. I bought some at the farmer's market for another purpose, again with that whack email)
1 bag of chard
1 bag of pea greens
an extra arm load of pea greens 
(there was a lot of extra this week, so I accepted some)
1 small bunch of asparagus
1 small head of celery
4 garlic flavored green onions
(again I'm not sure what these are, exciting)
2 leeks
1 bunch of parsley
1 head bok choy

The first thing I made with this month's vegetables is a big pot of lentil, chard, leek, and garilc onion thing stew. Its still a chilly 55 degrees, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't also 55 degrees in my apartment. Pea greens will form the base of a salad for lunch for at least the next 2 weeks. Asparagus is a favorite of mine so I will probably eat that in one sitting as dinner. Daikon and radishes will be cut up for snacks. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Read Nutritional Labels in Chinese

Healthy Eating Taiwan, Pt. 1 Healthy at Home

An Aboriginal Lunch in Taroko Gorge at 達基力部落屋風味餐