CSA Week 12


The season is half over. I've completed my volunteer shift. Now its time to hold tight (but in a gentle non-squish-squashy way) to the last of my vegetables. This week was again, heavy to carry home. Mostly due to a smashing watermelon. Here is the list:

2 acorn squashes, not pictures, whoops
1/2 lb yellow wax beans
1 lb red potatoes
1 bunch curly red kale
1 big red pepper
5 nice tomatoes
2 beets
2 onions, 1 white 1 yellow
2 long eggplants
4 ears of corn
1 medium watermelon
1 bunch of rosemary (strong!)

Bonus: some more jalapeno peppers. I plan to can this weekend, if I can gather some jars from local places, which sometimes is impossible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Read Nutritional Labels in Chinese

Healthy Eating Taiwan, Pt. 1 Healthy at Home

An Aboriginal Lunch in Taroko Gorge at 達基力部落屋風味餐